How to Make Custom Drums is a book that is meant to show you every area of drum building in detail and give you the instructions, confidence, and resources to build a drum, or start a custom drum company!
Learn How to Build Custom Drums from an Experienced Drum Builder
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Philip Ellis and I want to teach you how to build drums. I am the founder and owner of P. Ellis Drums. I play drums full time with Aaron Ivey. I am father to a very handsome son and husband to a very beautiful wife.
I am a real person just like you, and I had to learn how to build drums the hard way so that you don’t have to.
I’ve messed up countless shells and drums due to stupid mistakes that could have been avoided if I had something like my eBook to guide me along the way.
Some of the Drum Building Tutorials packed inside the eBook include:
- How to apply a wrap to any size drum
- How to buy drum heads for up to 70% off MSRP prices!
- How to use spray paint to save yourself money and create amazing custom designs
- How to create stunning horizontal stripes using spray paint
- How to create “candy cane” stripes using spray paint
- How to create a glass like mirror shine high gloss finish
- How to seal and finish the inside of the shells
- How to cut bearing edges
- How to cut and install snare beds to your snare drums
- How and where to outsource any shell wood work that you don’t want to do or don’t have tools for
- How to layout and mark a drum for drilling including: lug and hardware placement for snare, tom, and bass
- How to finish the bearing edge
- How to cut inlay grooves in your shell and how to install perfect inlays
- How to design and build a router table
- How to design and build a sanding table
- How to design and build your own jig to cut inlay grooves
- Where to buy supplies
- OVER 100 PICTURES TO VISUALLY EXPLAIN PROCESSES
Plus Free Bonus Content Worth Over $77!
- A complete drum building checklist for ordering supplies for drums 10″ – 24″ (including brass snare drums!)
- How to install hoop lugs/claws
- Drum Wrap Cutting Guide – How to save money when ordering drum wrap
- How to create custom drum badges and kick drum logos
- What not to do when building drums – I show and tell my costly mistakes so you won’t make the same ones I made!
- Resource list of drum building supplies, where to find wraps, where to get lugs and other drum building resources that are the best of the best
- Lifetime Updates for new drum building tutorials
- Email support – Having trouble with a certain aspect of drum building? Allow me to explain it to you!
Immediate Download – No waiting!
If you are not 100% satisfied with the content offered in the eBook I will offer you a full refund, no questions asked.
82 pages of full color drum building goodness!
My In Depth Drum Building Tutorials are the fastest and Easiest Way to Start Building Drums
- You will save time. My “How to Make Custom Drums” eBook is a step-by-step guide on how to do everything I’ve just told you about, and will save you dozens of hours of effort and potentially shave months (or years) off of perfecting your drum building craft. If time is valuable to you, and you want to make more drums sooner than later, you don’t want to go the trial-and-error route. My eBook will cut your learning curve way, way down.
- You will keep a lot more money in your pocket. I can’t tell you how many shells and pieces of drum wrap I ruined when I first started building drums. My loss is your benefit. I made all the mistakes so you don’t have to spend hundreds and thousands of dollars buying extra material because you botched something up!
Check out what customers have to say:
“Philip’s eBook on how to make custom drums was instrumental in encouraging me to proceed with my idea of building my own custom drum. I am a hobby woodworker so building the stave shell was less daunting than it might be to some with little experience or lack of tools. As far as all the other process such as marking and drilling for lugs and other hardware, creating a bearing edge etc., the information on the various processes and recommended tools gave me confidence in my ability to proceed.
The many references to suppliers of various component parts necessary to construct the drum made it easy for me to get a sense of what the project would cost and what I needed to do to get started. This book presents good solid information on innovative ways to construct your own drum building equipment for example sanding and truing the drum edges in preparation for cutting the bearing edge.
I will probably work with a purchased shell next time but the book will continue to be my Bible when it comes to the orderly process of building your own drum.”
“Philip’s eBook is a great resource for anyone starting out building drums. He gives a lot of information about different finish types such as wraps, painting stripes as well as more advanced inlay work. It is a great read for experienced builders as well, being it gives another perspective of the trade.”
-Scott Carey, President of Breaker Boy Drums
“This is a very well done eBook. It instantly instilled confidence in my ability to do this. The list of suppliers is top notch and provided me with some great ideas for future builds. Would love to do this as a career. Thank You!”
-Troy Hanks, Gardner, MA
“I love this eBook…made the creation process tons simpler and quicker too.”
-Jon, Ft. Wayne, Indiana
“This eBook is great, you get all the information you need to start building drums without needing any previous knowledge. I would recommend this book to anybody that wants a good drum set but doesn’t want to pay the prices that big companies charge.”
Learn step by step how these drums were created:
I’m so confident that you will love the content packed in “How to Make Custom Drums” that I will email you a few tutorials for you to check out for absolutely FREE!
Need more convincing? Remember this is risk free! If you are not satisfied with the content in my eBook I will give you a full refund!
“I have been building drums for a while but still purchased your eBook. It has some great info that has really helped me achieve some great results.” -Christian, Chicago IL.
“It is very easy to understand and I actually learned something from it. Your book made me step back and realize what really goes on into making high quality drums.” -Eric, Austin, TX
“How to Make Custom Drums” eBook is concise and easy to follow. I’m ready for my first custom drums building!! -Simon, Montreal, Canada
“This book sets a very good foundation for people who are just stating off building drums. The book goes in order throughout the drum building process.” -Robert Catalino, Atlanta, Georgia
“I really enjoy this book. It saves me time. Instead of taking shots in the dark, I can just know what I need to do and expand off of that. This book is well put together and very very useful to me. I particularly like the building checklist. That is a very subsidiary thing.” -Mason Mansfield, Austin, TX
“Excellent book! Well worth the money!” -Matt Martin, Houston, TX
“Worth every penny.” -Seth Wharton, Mount Juliet TN
“Great job with everything in the eBook. There are very good explanations on how to get the custom drum look that you are striving for. Overall, the best 30 bucks I’ve spent on reading material in quite some time.” -Gabriel, Wichita, KS
“I really appreciate somebody providing a readily accessible resource for those of us interested in building drums but not wanting to dive in head-first with no guidance. Until now, most of the info necessary to build drums was scattered throughout the many corners of the Internet, and took countless hours to compile. Thanks, Phillip for doing all the grunt work for the rest of us, and I look forward to seeing all the updates to come.” -Ryan Voight from Lubbock, TX